By Bruce McClary
As Americans face new challenges resulting from a fragile and unpredictable economy, the NFCC is hosting its 50th Annual Leaders Conference in Indianapolis September 27- 30. Attendees will hear from industry leaders addressing the many pressing sector issues confronting consumers including student loans, retirement, housing and compliance, the state of the financial services industry, and the new face of poverty.
This year’s conference will bring together more than 200 agency executives, financial counselors and practitioners, national leaders and stakeholders from around the country. Featured speakers in Indianapolis include the following experts:
- Susan C. Keating NFCC President & CEO, delivering the 2015 State of the Credit Counseling and Financial Education address and leading a CEO Member Roundtable.
- Sarah Bloom Raskin United States Deputy Secretary of the Treasury, addressing the importance of an affordable college education and the policy initiatives to address student loan debt.
- Michelle Moore Head of Digital Banking with Bank of America, speaking about innovative products and services.
- Jo Ann Barefoot CEO of Jo Ann Barefoot Group, LLC, detailing strategic management of regulatory risk and consumer protection, technology innovation’s impact on consumers, and related regulatory and market challenges.
- Scott Steckel Senior Financial Industry Liaison with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), sharing information about the CFPB’s Consumer Response process for complaint notification.
- Karen Dynan Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy for the United States Department of the Treasury, discussing economic trends impacting consumer behavior and the availability of credit.
Workshops and panel discussions include the following:
- Data Security and Records Retention with Brian D. Schneider, Associate, Arent Fox
- Smart Growth: Cultivating Innovation in Credit Counseling with Kim Allen, Director, Credit Counseling Initiative, Capital One
- Influencing Policy with Julie Griffith, Money Management International
- Branding for Impact with Dana Dolan, Interim Chief Communications Officer, NFCC
The NFCC is thankful to the many sponsors who have generously supported the 2015 Annual Leaders Conference: Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi and Visa at the Diamond level; Ocwen and Wells Fargo as Gold Sponsors; Synchrony Financial and Discover as Silver Sponsors; and MasterCard, Mutual of America, and TD Bank as Bronze Sponsors.
Members of the media interested in attending the conference should contact Bruce McClary at (202) 677-4301 (direct), or (202) 780-5432 (cell), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain credentials and a conference program. Note: Some sessions are for NFCC Members only.
Bruce McClary is Vice President of Public Relations & External Affairs with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling.
Views expressed are the personal views of the author, and do not represent the views of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, its employees, its members, or its clients.