The information included in your credit report includes:
- Identifying information, including your Social Security number, address, and date of birth are used to ensure the right information is matched with the right person. It can also help detect and prevent identity fraud.
- Employment history is a record of where you worked and for how long.
- Credit history details your current outstanding and closed credit cards and loans and how you’ve handled payments.
- Inquiries list shows who has requested your credit report.
- Public records provide information that includes collections accounts, bankruptcies, and late child support payments.