NFCC Mission Statement
The National Foundation for Credit Counseling (“NFCC” ™), Inc., promotes the national agenda for financially responsible behavior, and builds capacity for its members to deliver the highest-quality financial education and counseling services.
NFCC Member Code of Ethics
Our members reflect these values and qualities in their internal operations including the treatment of those who work with and for them.
• Members carry out their responsibilities as professionals, exercise sensitive professional and moral judgments in all their activities and avoid any actions that put personal interests ahead of public benefit.
• Members serve the public interest, honor the public trust, and demonstrate commitment to professionalism.
• Members accept the obligation to know and obey the laws that govern tax-exempt status as a public benefit organization. They accept that as tax-exempt organizations, they exemplify openness, diversity, tolerance, fairness, and honesty.
• Members perform all professional responsibilities with the highest sense of integrity to maintain and broaden public confidence. Members maintain objectivity and are free of conflicts of interest in discharging professional responsibilities.
• Members observe the profession’s technical and ethical standards and strive continually to improve competence and the quality of services.