Your Mission Is Our Mission
At the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, your success is equally ours. Coming together and building a more robust network allows us to increase our impact and our ability to stand out in a saturated market. NFCC is considered the gold standard in the financial counseling sector as a brand that supports consumers, agencies, and the industry.
Over a decade securing exclusive philanthropic grant pass-through funding, that provides on average a 200% ROI.
Access to engage creditors supported by a dedicated team of credit industry experts, to help you optimize revenue opportunities and operational connections.
An array of unique, innovative programs and industry research that allows agencies to improve efficiencies and prove their excellence to the broader world.
Comprehensive blend of advocacy, public relations and marketing. Which means more direct pathways to connect with consumers. Gain access to national digital, online, and toll-free member agency locators.
We work with the top 20 creditors and federal regulators to effect industry change that benefits all members. Our Board of Trustees and Advisory Councils are comprised of high-level executives representing major creditors.
Expand your counseling offerings with support for housing, student loan repayment counseling, small business owner financial counseling, and more.
Impact That Empowers
The NFCC and its member agencies are at the forefront of a national movement. With 1,215 NFCC credit counselors trained and certified, and over 1 million clients served each year, we have been able to effectively help individuals across the nation take charge of their financial futures.
Whether a client comes to us for credit card debt, student loan debt, a home purchase, or overall money management—we guide them to their end goal.
Application Qualification Requirements
Must be an accredited nonprofit financial counseling organization that meets the following requirements.
- Operate as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be duly qualified and existing under the laws of the District of Columbia, or any states or territory of the USA.
- Provide financial counseling services and act in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Contact your state government for requirements.
- Maintain accreditation through the Council on Accreditation (COA) or ISO 9001 certification through Bureau Veritas.
- Comply with the NFCC’s Member Quality Standards.