Application submitted successfully!
The NFCC will contact you in 1-2 business days.
Following the submission of your application, you will receive an email requesting the following documents.
- Agency HUD Certification HUD 9902 Form
- List of counselor names providing housing counseling services, and their HUD certificates
- Additional Policies and Procedures for housing counseling that your agency may have
- Latest bank account statement
- A complete copy of most recently completed audit report
- A copy of most recent versions of your 990 and 990T
- A list of all governing board members including names, employers, titles, contact information, compensation by Applicant, if any
- A Board Resolution supporting your eﬀorts to gain membership in the NFCC, indicating the date of the meeting in which it was approved Insurance certificates for Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions and Dishonesty Bond
- Fee policy
- Code of Conduct
- An example of current consumer facing advertising messages, if any
- Policies and procedures for grievances
- Nepotism policy
- Data security policies and procedures
- Dues Worksheet
Who We Are
Dedicated to educating Americans about how to reduce personal or household debt responsibly, the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) is a trusted, nationwide resource for education and support in building financial management skills. Through its network of nonprofit agencies and certified counselors, the NFCC offers impactful approaches to debt reduction and improved credit standing, whether consumers are struggling with credit card debt, decisions about housing, or student loans.