NFCC® Gathers National Network of Financial Advocates for Annual Conference
National Foundation for Credit Counseling® meets in California to shape the future of financial counseling.
Anaheim, CA – The National Foundation for Credit Counseling® (NFCC®) is hosting its 52nd annual conference in Anaheim, CA, October 1-4. Known as NFCC Connect, this year’s event will feature leaders and experts addressing the most critical issues impacting consumers on matters important to the sector including fundraising, retirement at risk, student loan counseling, connecting with small business owners, housing counseling, and much more.
This year’s conference will bring together more than 200 agency executives, credit counselors and educators, creditor partners, and government representatives and stakeholders from around the world. Featured speakers in Anaheim include the following experts:
- Susan C. Keating, NFCC President and CEO, delivering the 2017 “State of the Sector”;
- Brad Blackwell, Executive Vice President, Housing Policy and Homeownership Growth Strategies, Wells Fargo Home Lending, speaking about housing opportunities and policy;
- Jay DesMarteau, Head of Small Business Banking & Specialty Lending, TD Bank; addressing support services for small business owners;
- Connie Campbell, Ph.D., President, Human Interactions, Inc., speaking about positioning and managing fee-for-service counseling models;
In addition to the plenary sessions, there will be many workshops and panel discussions including:
- Innovating to Engage and Serve Millennials
- Industry Initiatives to Integrate Housing Counseling
- Impact and Value Proposition of Small Business Owner Counseling
The NFCC is thankful to the many sponsors who have generously supported NFCC Connect 2017: Platinum level sponsor Bank of America; gold level sponsors Capital One and Citi; gold scholarship sponsor Wells Fargo; silver level sponsors Chase, Hilltop Consultants, Synchrony Bank, Ocwen and TD Bank; bronze sponsor Discover; and our supporter sponsors COA, Cooperative Processing Resources, BECU, MasterCard, MGIC, and Speridian Technologies.
Members of the media interested in attending the conference should contact Bruce McClary at 202.677.4301 (direct), or 202-780-5432 (cell), or via email at email@example.com to obtain credentials and a conference program. Note: Some sessions are for NFCC Members only.
About the NFCC
Founded in 1951, the National Foundation for Credit Counseling® (NFCC®) is the nation’s first and largest nonprofit dedicated to improving people’s financial well-being. With a national network of member offices serving 50 states and Puerto Rico, our NFCC® Certified Credit Counselors are financial advocates, empowering millions of consumers to take charge of their finances through one-on-one financial reviews that address credit card debt, student loans, housing decisions and overall money management. Make one of the best financial decisions of your life. For expert guidance and advice, call (800) 388-2227 or visit http://www.nfcc.org today.