The NFCC has chosen international executive search firm Odgers Berndtson to manage the search for NFCC’s next CEO.
For more information on this opportunity please contact:
Reporting to the NFCC Board of Trustees, consisting of member agency executives and at-large board members, the CEO is the organization’s senior executive officer and oversees the operations of the NFCC including its professional and administrative staff of approximately 25 persons. Leading the relationships between member agencies, financial services companies, industry thought leaders, legislators, and regulators, the CEO provides overall direction for the development of strategies, program initiatives, policy formulation, marketing and public relations. The CEO plays a lead role in fund-raising to support NFCC initiatives and member agencies. This executive is the chief spokesperson for the organization and as such, has frequent interface with lawmakers, financial services executives, the media, and others in national leadership roles.
The Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will:
- Be a visionary leader with prior experience as a chief executive or senior level officer in an organization of similar size and scope
- Have executive experience in a large financial services company that positions the candidate to command the trust, confidence and respect of all stakeholders
- Have a track record in leading strategic planning initiatives and managing tactical execution
- Have experience in managing Boards and volunteer advisory groups. Possess a demonstrably, politically savvy track record of managing a diverse set of stakeholders with a complex, sometimes competing, set of agendas
- Willing and able to travel frequently
We are seeking:
- An experienced business executive who is an effective and influential leader. This person is a relationship-builder who will work well with many diverse stakeholders to build engagement and commitment to major initiatives
- A charismatic leader who will be persuasive in achieving advancements for the sector including increased visibility and impact and long with successful fund-raising
- A person with the ability to lead strategic technology solutions to achieve member goals
A candidate must be:
- A consummate consensus-builder with a collaborative style and patience for diverse points of view
- An exceptional active listener and effective communicator with the ability to be transparent and to develop and carry out consistent messaging throughout the organization and among all stakeholders.
- A high-impact and persuasive public speaker
- A high energy effective team builder who is sufficiently agile and capable of leading change
- Action-oriented and results-focused
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with an advanced degree (or equivalent) preferred, and possess as many of the following skills/experiences/traits as possible:
- Government relations, regulatory or consumer protection experience
- A reputation for solid relationship development and networking
- Expertise in fundraising, advancement, and development
- Experience turning concepts into rapidly implemented programs
- Deep experience partnering with and managing a board of directors
- Proven user of technology to enhance a brand and develop a cutting-edge value proposition
- Politically savvy and effective in working with all sides on complex issues
- Knowledge of or the capacity to understand the credit counseling industry
- High intellect and high emotional intelligence
- A balance of confidence and humility
- Flexibility and patience balanced with a sense of urgency
This is an outstanding career opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced executive. With this position comes a competitive compensation package commensurate with previous working experience. An attractive benefits package will also be provided. Relocation assistance to be negotiated. This position requires a detailed background investigation.