NFCC Membership Online Application
Thank you for your interest in taking the first step toward becoming an NFCC Member!
Before starting this initial application, please complete the following steps:
Review the Application Qualification Requirements:
- Must be an accredited nonprofit financial counseling organization that meets the following requirements.
- Operate as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be duly qualified and existing under the laws of the District of Columbia, or any states or territory of the USA.
- Provide financial counseling services and act in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Contact your state government for requirements.
- Maintain accreditation through the Council on Accreditation (COA) or ISO 9001 certification through Bureau Veritas.
- Review the NFCC Mission Statement & Code of Ethics
- Review the NFCC Bylaws
- Review the NFCC Annual Dues Schedule
- Submit initial application fee ($2,500)
- Download and complete the NFCC Member Dues Worksheet
- Comply with the NFCC’s Member Quality Standards
The non-refundable membership application fee is $5,000 and is split into two installments. The first payment of $2,500 is due at the time of online submission. The second installment of $2,500 is due after the initial application review and prior to an agency site visit. Completion of the application review agency site visit can take between six to eight weeks.