Founded in 1951, the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, Inc.® (NFCC®) promotes the national agenda for financially responsible behavior, and builds capacity for its members
to deliver the highest-quality financial education and counseling services. As the nation's largest and longest-serving nonprofit credit counseling organization, the NFCC has played the key role in providing financial counseling and education to consumers for 60 years. With 90 member agencies and more than 700 offices throughout the US and Puerto Rico, the NFCC is the national voice for its members, which are nonprofit, mission-driven, community-based agencies.
NFCC Members, often known as Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS) or by other names, represent accredited agencies with high standards, ethical practices, certified counselors, and policies which help consumers achieve financial stability. In 2011, more than 3 million consumers received financial counseling and education from NFCC Member Agencies in person, over the phone, or online.
NFCC Member Agencies provide a variety of services including:
- Budget counseling and education;
- Debt management plans;
- Counseling referral services;
- Financial literacy courses;
- Bankruptcy counseling and education;
- Housing counseling; and
- Additionally, one-third of our members are multi-service agencies specializing in community-based social service programs such as youth mentoring, foster care, and substance abuse programs.